Parenting is one of the most rewarding and challenging experiences in life. There are no instruction manuals for parenting and many parents find that they have lost the joy and fun of raising a family.
Parent Coaching can help you become a Consious Parent.
The benefits of parent coaching are as follows:
Get Clear – A Parenting Coach will help you clarify your family and parenting goals. We will help you consciously look at what your dream family looks like, what kind of relationship do you want to have with your children and partner, what values are important to you, and what value system do you want to instill in your children?
Find Peace – Creating a peaceful home starts with you, the parent. We will help you master ways to stay calm in the chaos. Yelling, nagging and fighting are addressed and replaced with confident parenting, co-operation, win/win and peaceful-conflict resolution.
Solve Problems – We will help you tackle those daily problems that can become an ongoing issue. Gettting your children out the door in the morning. Mealtime struggles. Homework hassles.
A Parenting Coach can help you solve specific problems such as getting your toddler to bed, and to stay in bed, handling tantrums, sibling fighting, power struggles and homework hassles.
We look at your unique problems and give concrete, positive solutions to those issues to make life at home a lot more pleasant.
Set Boundries – Setting limits and sticking to them are crucial to parenting. Your child wants boundaries and it’s their job to test them. Perhaps you need help creating routines and setting limits around TV/phones/screens, or perhaps you need help creating limits around the way the people in your life treat you and talk to you.
A Parenting Coach will help you see where you’re not setting limits and being consistent with your child, and help you establish some solid boundaries.
Parent as a Team – Whether you’re happily married, going through a divorce or are a single parent, a Parenting Coach can help you thrive in chaotic times. A Parenting Coach will help you assess you and your paretner’s parenting styles, and show you how to leverage the strengths of each of your styles to deal more effectively with your current parenting challenges.
Parenting on the same page is one of the key attirubtes of successful parenting. Let us help you get there.
Set Goals and Stay Focused – A Parenting Coach will support you in reaching your goals. A Coach will also remind you to take better care of yourself, celebrate your successes and to stick with your goals – personal and family goals.
Find Balance – It is difficult to balance work and family. Life is stressful and our responsibilities are demanding. A Parenting Coach will assist you to stick to your your parenting priorities when time is not on your side. We will help you find ways to get down on the floor and play with your toddler, to supporting your efforts to stay connected with your college-age child and everything in between!
Transition – A Parenting Coach will help overwhelmed new parents with all the changes a baby brings. We also support adoptive parents through the process, and ease challenges for families with step-parents and step-children.
Every parent want to raise confident, responsible, self-motivated children. Let us help you do all this, while having fun!
We will help you parent with the end in mind, and provide practical ideas and tips such as how best to motivate your child more effectively; how to interpret and diagnose your child’s behavior; how to get results without punishment; and how to stay detached and loving despite your child’s behavior.
Redirecting Children’s Behaviour is a powerful course designed to help you create the family of your dreams. If you would like more co-operation and support from your children, then this is the course for you.
Taught in 5 three-hour sessions, this course is fun, informative, and life-changing. The atmosphere is non-judgemental, safe and supportive.
This course gives parents fast, effective ways to become calmer and more confident, to raise responsible, and cooperative children. Parents are given easy to learn, positive parenting techniques that allow them to redirect their children’s behaviour through loving guidance and not punishments and threats.
Parents and care-givers learn how to use practical discipline tools to create co-operation, build self-esteem, and strengthen relationships from birth to adulthood. They will learn tips on logical consequences, setting limits, and achieving resolution of conflicts.
Redirecting Children’s Behaviour is a certified course through the International Network for Children and Families (INCAF). Founded over thirty years ago by Kathryn Kvols, INCAF has over 1000 certified instructors and the Redirecting Children’s Behaviour course is now taught in 15 countries worldwide. Read more about INCAF here.
In 5 weeks you will learn these proven parenting skills:
- the difference between motivating through love VS motivating through fear
- communication in a way that encourages your child to talk to you
- resolve conflict without power struggles.
- teach children how to solve their own problems, offering them guidance when needed
- understand why time-outs do not work and what to do instead
- assist children in developing self-control, responsibility and self-confidence
- how to work as a unified couple
- how to make parenting more fun
- how to effectively redirect sibling rivalry
- set clear limits and follow through with meaningful consequences
- establish family meetings to leadership, values, and problem solving skills.
What each Session offers you
- Understand what influences a child’s personality.
- Learn to manage stress
- Replace sibling rivalry and fighting with negotiation and co-operation
- Teach children to resolve their own conflicts
- Understand a child’s behaviour and how it relates to birth order
- Developing healthy self-concepts
- Promoting co-operation and helpfulness
- Develop an effective parenting style
- Teach self-motivation and self-management without rewards, bribes or punishment
- Learn how to build high self-esteem
- Teach children respect and responsibility
- Explore how parenting methods affect children
- Learn the importance of limits and how to set them
- Understand why a child misbehaves
- Learn how to decrease power struggles
- What to do when a child demands attention
- Learn how to get co-operation without bribing, yelling, or threatening
- What to do when a child is hurtful
- Intervention and corrective measures that work
- What to do when a child is discouraged and wants to give up
- How to talk to your kids so they listen
- How to handle and express feelings
- What adults do to block communication
- How to guide a child to solve their own problems
- Teach children to be accountable for their actions
- How to get results without punishment
- Using natural and logical consequences
- Why Time-Outs are ineffective and what to do instead
- How to win the other parents cooperation
- Promoting agreement for couples
- Working together as parents
- Keeping a good thing going
- Effective family communication
- Creating a sense of Team between all family members
IS THIS PROGRAM FOR YOU?
- If you’re at your wits end and tired of yelling, arguing and nagging …
- If you’re not happy with how you handle things, perhaps you’re getting angry a lot, spanking, or using ineffective punishments but aren’t sure what else to do.
- If you just would like to feel more confident and in control…
- If you’re frustrated with your kids fighting all the time and want them to learn how to work out their conflicts without the screaming and violence…
- If you’d like more peace in your family, more laughter, more fun and LESS stress…
- If you’re a teacher that’s frustrated when the same one or two kids knock the class off-balance and wonder how to handle it without taking all of your attention away from the kids who are behaving.
- If you’d like to replace power struggles and tattling with teamwork and co-operation…
- If your marriage is strained and stressed because you and your partner do not agree about how to discipline the children. You think he’s too hard on the kids and she’s to lenient…
- If bedtime, mealtimes and mornings are torture! Your children won’t stay in their bed, won’t eat their dinner or stay in their seat, and forget getting them dressed!…
- If your teenager is wearing you thin; the attitudes, the moodiness, the homework struggles…
- If you’re feeling resentful, used and abused. If you’re feeling unappreciated and exhausted as opposed to rejuvenated and encouraged…
- If parenting is an important job for you and you just want to learn new valuable techniques and tools…
- If any or all the above scenarios ring true for you then…
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU!!
A POSITIVE APPROACH TO PARENTING
Children create a tremendous challenge for adults. The increase in two-career couples and single parents has made parenting a greater challenge. The International Network for Children and Families (INCAF) offers the Redirecting Children’s Behavior course to deal with the stresses of today’s family.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
Expecting Parents, Single Parents, Parents of Teens, Parents of Multiples, Parents of Gifted Children, Step-Parents, Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles, Babysitters, Nannies, Teachers, Doctors, Midwives, Counselors, Nurses, Social Workers, Pediatrician, or anyone who relates to children. Attend a Redirecting Children’s Behavior workshop or course and have fun learning over 100 hands-on practical skills to:
- Minimize hassles, tantrums, and tears
- Discipline without yelling, scolding, arguing
- Teach, empower & let go of your kids
- Redirect behaviors of attention, power, revenge, & inadequacy
- Respond effectively vs. react emotionally
- Stop sibling rivalry & family fights
- Remove guilt & fear in raising your kids
- Raise self-motivated & self-reliant kids
- Eliminate power struggles
MEMBERSHIP FOR LIFE
Upon course completion, students will receive a certificate of completion of the RCB course. This certificate grants permission to check the entire RCB course at any location in the world at anytime for R600.
“Redirecting Children’s Behavior” is strongly influenced by the work of Rudolf Dreikurs, MD., author of the highly acclaimed book “Children: The Challenge”. The course was developed by Kathryn Kvols. All “Redirecting Children’s Behavior” instructors are certified by the International Network for Children and Families. INCAF is one of the few organisations that require their instructors to get their certification, and maintain their certification through continuing education.
For over 25 years, the International Network for Children & Families has been providing parenting courses and instructor training worldwide. Over 1000 instructors trained in 15 countries.